Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those annoying auto merging dragons

Default Those annoying auto merging dragons

Let me explain what I do:
    I never merge 3 objects. And I surely never merge 3 eggs and 3 dragons. It is inefficient.

So, I merge 5 eggs into 2 dragons and I merge 5 level x dragons into 2 level x+1 dragons. And it works. So no worries about that. But every now and then, after the two dragons popped out of the 5 eggs (strange world...) a third dragon appears out of nowhere and this old level one dragon auto-merges with the new level 1 dragons. The result is one level 2 dragon.
    This is not what I want. I simply want to merge 5 level 1s into 2 level 2s.

How can I avoid it?

Go to world map, settings, turn off chain reactions and maybe turn on require overlap.
    General Message displayed under all my replies. This may or may not be related to your post or my reply.

I don't work for Gram Games, just a player just like you.

Please do look for information about the gameplay first on the Merge Dragons Wiki, many questions are answered there, in order for you to get faster response(and others not waste time pointing it out). Those who are not willing to look anything up, don't get very empathic responses from my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Voriki View Post
    Go to world map, settings, turn off chain reactions and maybe turn on require overlap.
    Man, Voriki! You are a master dragon trainer! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Man, Voriki! You are a master dragon trainer! Thanks.
    You're welcome.
    General Message displayed under all my replies. This may or may not be related to your post or my reply.

I don't work for Gram Games, just a player just like you.

Please do look for information about the gameplay first on the Merge Dragons Wiki, many questions are answered there, in order for you to get faster response(and others not waste time pointing it out). Those who are not willing to look anything up, don't get very empathic responses from my end.

I went to World Map then Settings. I couldn’t find “turn off chain reactions”. Or “require overlap”. I am always frustrated when three go ahead and combine before I can stop it. I am careful. (I have an iPad and use an Apple Pencil.) These must be advanced settings somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Anasarra View Post
    I went to World Map then Settings. I couldn’t find “turn off chain reactions”. Or “require overlap”. I am always frustrated when three go ahead and combine before I can stop it. I am careful. (I have an iPad and use an Apple Pencil.) These must be advanced settings somewhere?
    Nah, it's just not that obvious because there is no scroll bar, but go into settings and scroll down (by swiping up).

Thank you so much! It was the “swiping up” that helped me get there��. Just as you suggested - there they were - turn off chain reactions and turn on overlap. I have been so frustrated ... what a relief!

Just want to thank you again! This adjustment has changed my game! I have been playing for a year - always engineering how to gather items into waiting spaces, being SO careful they don’t touch each other. I am totally thrilled to be able to put 3 or 4 items in a neat little spot right next to each other - then add the 5th one when I get it! Stress reducing! Just wonderful!

Hehe, you're welcome.

I turned mine off and it still merges. Uninstalled and reinstalled, have all updates. I just said eff it ��