Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contemplating of continuiing or quitting the game.

Default Contemplating of continuiing or quitting the game.

So I've been in this game for a while now, altough I just liked completing stuff, and admit to have cheated in the game and have taken advanatages of certain ways to get free gems so I could advanace in the game immensely.

And altough I always told people to regularly take backups, which I sort of did myself, my phone got stolen. And my backups were on the memory card
    Cloud save was not working for quite some time(prob due to abuse reasons that I did to my game), while I do still have a save file there which sets me back a lot in the game. So I will see if I continue or not, but might be a bit less active here for the foreseeable future.

Backstory NSFW: https://www.reddit.com/r/theydidthef...fucking_phone/
    I don't work for Gram Games, just a player just like you.

Please do look for information about the gameplay first on the Merge Dragons Wiki, often the simplest questions can be answered there, in order not to waste anyones time and for you to get faster responses. I tend to come accross not so friendly towards people who have not taken any effort to spend 5 seconds time on the wiki or to browse the forum for issues or questions that have been handled before.

Quote Originally Posted by Voriki View Post
    So I've been in this game for a while now, altough I just liked completing stuff, and admit to have cheated in the game and have taken advanatages of certain ways to get free gems so I could advanace in the game immensely.

And altough I always told people to regularly take backups, which I sort of did myself, my phone got stolen. And my backups were on the memory card
    Cloud save was not working for quite some time(prob due to abuse reasons that I did to my game), while I do still have a save file there which sets me back a lot in the game. So I will see if I continue or not, but might be a bit less active here for the foreseeable future.

Backstory NSFW: https://www.reddit.com/r/theydidthef...fucking_phone/
    Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.

Seriously, though, that suuuuuuuucks. Feels bad, bro.

Maybe text your phone asking the thieves really nicely to upload your save somewhere you can get at it. Who knows? ;P

That really sucks, I'd probably take a break too. Hope you didn't loose much other important stuff with the phone.

I know they say it's not really a backup unless it's on a different hard drive, but I'm guilty of the same thing, the last time I copied to pc is some four months ago, I'm relying on the cloud save as a secondary backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaitf View Post
    Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
    Maybe text your phone asking the thieves really nicely to upload your save somewhere you can get at it. Who knows? ;P
    They wouldn't be able to have read it as my phone was locked. but they do have all my personal details(home address and such, so they could return it...doubtful). And about 13 hours later I had the simcard deactivated and my number transfered to a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceShipRat View Post
    That really sucks, I'd probably take a break too. Hope you didn't loose much other important stuff with the phone.

I know they say it's not really a backup unless it's on a different hard drive, but I'm guilty of the same thing, the last time I copied to pc is some four months ago, I'm relying on the cloud save as a secondary backup.
    I might pick it up again as soon as I have a decent phone again(waiting on insurance). And probably mmake more backups as I will make my game Nox compatible somehow. Started using my personal laptop again after several months. And today I got my new laptop from work.

Please do look for information about the gameplay first on the Merge Dragons Wiki, often the simplest questions can be answered there, in order not to waste anyones time and for you to get faster responses. I tend to come accross not so friendly towards people who have not taken any effort to spend 5 seconds time on the wiki or to browse the forum for issues or questions that have been handled before.

Sorry to hear that.
    I will send you a perfect backup(v3.1.0 with all dragons) to your email if you are the Android player,
    Although the forum seems dead, but it still needs you.

Quote Originally Posted by East View Post
    Sorry to hear that.
    I will send you a perfect backup(v3.1.0 with all dragons) to your email if you are the Android player,
    Although the forum seems dead, but it still needs you.
    Thanks, I'll still see how I'll fair, no worries. I do miss the game and wanna play witht the baby dragons. Just taking a breather from the daily playing, but still check the forum, if not only for reporting the spambots.

Thanks, I'll still see how I'll fair, no worries. I do miss the game and wanna play witht the baby dragons. Just taking a breather from the daily playing, but still check the forum, if not only for reporting the spambots.
    You are very helpful to those who are newbies and you've kinda grew on us . I'm with you on reporting the spambots as well. I will also be happy to send you a full backup too

My backup has the baby dragons, in v3.1, it has 43 kinds of dragons and known chains, and my backup also has them.

I'm not actually seeing any reports, I don't know if something's off with the settings or I just am not finding the right place to look. I just go through the "new" category every one or two days, that's the best I can do really, sorry if you still end up seeing spam posts. If I didn't step in after Crin left, this forum would probably have had to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceShipRat View Post
    I'm not actually seeing any reports, I don't know if something's off with the settings or I just am not finding the right place to look. I just go through the "new" category every one or two days, that's the best I can do really, sorry if you still end up seeing spam posts. If I didn't step in after Crin left, this forum would probably have had to be closed.
    Sucks, I report them through the report triangle on the bottom left of each post. But good that you also check "What's New?" since this is not a forum with hundreds of posts/day, it is manageable this way.

Still waiting on a new phone as the one I use now can't handle any proper apps. *grumbles* 3 parties are involved, myself, the telecom provider(Belgium) whom handles everything, bought my phone/subscription with, and pay insurance €12/month to for said phone, and the insurance company. Insurance company has all documents and agrees that all is in order. They just need to start a case which'll take 5 mins to handle and to deliver me a new phone at my office/doorstep the following day. But in order to do so they need to have my name/number/phone in their database that is maintained by the telecom provider(whom confirm that everything is correct with them). So all it needs a correction of the database to get me my phone, and ask compensation afterwards for breach of contract on their end, which they both confirmed to me to be the case as it is normally a 24h wait period but now 288 hours already. I'm starting to show withdrawal symptoms from my smartphone *shivers and starts hallucinating*.