Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleting personal data DELETES YOUR SAVE

Default Deleting personal data DELETES YOUR SAVE

New window when I opened the game today about personal data. Says it can be controlled from the Settings - Privacy Settings. So I go there and delete my private data. Instead of simply deleting my private data, it also deletes the save file and kicks you out of the game.

I have a Pixel, so cloud save isn't an option.

Bye bye merge dragons. I enjoyed playing you, but I'm not interested in starting over from scratch just because you (a) didn't test your update, or (b) have no idea what words mean. Considering this forum still doesn't use SSL 8 months after they were told how bad that was, I shouldn't be surprised.

You just deleted your data, I don't think you can blame the game for not being able to read.

Quote Originally Posted by tgt View Post
    I have a Pixel, so cloud save isn't an option.
    Wait, Pixels won't let you log on to Facebook?

I often repeat it in other topics, might add it here too. Always always make an offline backup.
    Android: download ES file explorer app: internal storage>android>data>gram games folder>folder 'files'. 'files' is your gamesave.
    General Message displayed under all my replies. This may or may not be related to your post or my reply.

I don't work for Gram Games, just a player just like you.

Please do look for information about the gameplay first on the Merge Dragons Wiki, many questions are answered there, in order for you to get faster response(and others not waste time pointing it out). Those who are not willing to look anything up, don't get very empathic responses from my end.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceShipRat View Post
    You just deleted your data, I don't think you can blame the game for not being able to read.
    Deleting your private data (what they collect about you) should have absolutely nothing to do with deleting your game save. As noted. There is no warning that deleting your private data also deletes your game save. I stand by my complaint that either that wasn't tested, or whoever designed it doesn't understand what words mean.

And what does this have to do with my complaint that a new feature doesn't do what it claims to do? Yes, I should have had a backup. No, that doesn't let them off the hook. Also, I don't see anything on the wiki saying that when the game says "private data", they actually mean "your game save."

Quote Originally Posted by tgt View Post
    And what does this have to do with my complaint that a new feature doesn't do what it claims to do? Yes, I should have had a backup. No, that doesn't let them off the hook. Also, I don't see anything on the wiki saying that when the game says "private data", they actually mean "your game save."
    What is said in my signature is under all my posts, this does not apply in this case, it involves gameplay, not tech support. The privacy data thing is new due to the GDPR, I have not even seen this announcement in my game about privacy.
    Since I have not seen it, read it, could you tell me exactly what its instructions said, and exactly what you did?
    Last edited by Voriki; 05-28-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: *added tech support part
    General Message displayed under all my replies. This may or may not be related to your post or my reply.

I don't work for Gram Games, just a player just like you.

Please do look for information about the gameplay first on the Merge Dragons Wiki, many questions are answered there, in order for you to get faster response(and others not waste time pointing it out). Those who are not willing to look anything up, don't get very empathic responses from my end.

I like your style Voriki. You seem to get things done

Quote Originally Posted by atearall View Post
    he's like the Dr House of tech support

Quote Originally Posted by atearall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceShipRat View Post
    he's like the Dr House of tech support
    LOL, that's the perfect analogy.