Thread: Game save problem

Default Game save problem

Sorry, I didn't see a way to post this in the Bugs area, but then again maybe it's not a game bug. I think I lost my game progress and am wondering if anyone has advice on possibly getting it back...

So, I have cloud save on all the time. I played this morning, closed the app, then opened it to a few hours later for some more play. It opened to a fresh game, and when I tapped the cloud (that had an exclamation mark in it) it told me the correct time of my last save and that it couldn't open that save currently but would continue automatically trying. I didn't do any play (thought that way there would be nothing to save), closed the app (with the cloud save still on, probably stupid) and reopened it a few minutes later. Again, I had the fresh game but this time the cloud said it had just saved.

Does this mean I erased my original game progress when I closed the app with the new one?? :-(

Thanks.

I can't help you except to say try to contact customer support and maybe include a copy of you merge dragons data folder. (taking into consideration a reply will take a few days).

If it's any consolation, I would guess the broken save that caused your game to reset was probably already uploaded to the cloud too, and that's why it didn't download, so it wasn't your mistake that erased it.

Thanks for the moral support and suggestion. I did email them not long after posting here. Haven't gotten a response (certainly didn't expect one this quick), but I just opened the app out of morbid curiosity, and lo and behold there's my game, all my progress, all my dragons, everything :-) I don't know if it reset itself somehow or if customer support was able to fix it that quickly. Either way I'm a happy camper.

Thanks also for the suggestion of the data folder. I'll look into how to find that in case I ever need it. Didn't know about it, so when I emailed support I just included my Facebook connection and time of last save.

Well, back to ordering dragons around.

Quote Originally Posted by snowleopard View Post
    Thanks also for the suggestion of the data folder. I'll look into how to find that in case I ever need it. Didn't know about it, so when I emailed support I just included my Facebook connection and time of last save.
    Android user?
    Dowload ES file explorer, local storage>folder 'Android'>folder 'Data'>fold gram games something>folder 'files'
    Back that up regularly in case cloud storage fails, it saves a local copy of your game progress.

I did because I switched phone and wanted a fresh start, and I "tweaked" my merge dragons app, have not used cloud save since.
    (no, I will not give more information on the tweaking cuz it's cheating)