Thread: How to switch game to a new tablet?

Default How to switch game to a new tablet?

Hi,

I'm a real newbie, so my apologies if this is obvious to everyone else. I've been playing the game on my android phone, but I just got a new tablet that I'd like to transfer it to. I've been poking around on the forum but unable to find exact answers to my questions.

1st question: Can anyone confirm that the app will work on a 64-bit Android tablet? I know, I could just try downloading it and see what happens. But this way, if I have problems, I can rule out one possible issue.

2nd question: Googling the game gives me conflicting information on whether I can transfer or not. I have enabled the 'cloud save/Facebook connection' in my game, so I assume that's what will let me play on a different/new device? But how does it work exactly?
    Once I've downloaded the app to my new device, how do I access my old game? Is signing into the cloud/Facebook all I need to do?
    Will all my game levels, perks, saved items, etc transfer?

These transfer questions stem from other games I've played that said you could transfer to a new device, but the reality was, only your level transferred, perks you had built up during play did not. The instructions never warn you about that, so I've learned to be wary.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Snowleopard

Yes, you only need to log in to the cloud save. It's going to say it found saved progress or something like that and if you want to load it. It's going to show you the dragon power and the stars as well so you can decide which one is the latest. You just need to click on the saved game you want to load. There's only two, always the current one on that device and the last saved somewhere else. I never had problem with it, I go back and forth between two devices depending on where I am, at home or on the move. The only saving problem I had was that I noticed it only saves my progress if I exit the camp and go to the map. Maybe it was just a one-time thing but I learned the lesson, I always go to the world map from camp before closing the game.

Thanks so much for the confirmation! I was afraid of just trying and losing everything. It did work like a charm. As soon as I connected to the cloud on the new game it listed my other game stats and asked if I wanted to use that one.

Sure glad I was able to get it transferred last night; the tablet's much easier on the eyes and I'm playing more heavily today with my first ever event. :-)