Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renaming dragons

Default Renaming dragons

For some reason when I try to rename a dragon instead of deleting the previous name it starts writing before it =/

So can please someone who's tried it already tell me: after I save will it stay as newname"originalname" or will it be properly edited as "newname"?
    I just don't want any weird names :P

Thank you!

Best is to delete the name and then write the new one. It will stay at what you wrote. So if you left original name, that will be part of the name as well
    Happy Merging
    Crin

Quote Originally Posted by crinrict View Post
    Best is to delete the name and then write the new one. It will stay at what you wrote. So if you left original name, that will be part of the name as well
    Well, as I said I CAN'T delete the original name. That's the problem.
    Tapping it only opens/closes the keyboard. I can't highlight to delete it or select the place where I want to type. It only types before it.
    That's why I asked those who already tried renaming to share their experience.
    And on that note: please tell me how did you manage to delete the original name.

Oh my freaking god, mystery's solved.
    So, for some reason the original name is in white font (why developers thought that was a good idea is beyond me) so when you open the keyboard it looks like nothing's there but actually you just can't see it.
    I'm using standard google keyboard btw (it's called gboard or smth).
    I hope this'll help someone with the same problem. :P

Weird. I can see it fine on mine ... Is this the only program you have this issue with ?
    Happy Merging
    Crin

Weird. I can see it fine on mine ... Is this the only program you have this issue with ?
    Yup, otherwise I wouldn't be using it.

I'm afraid we won't be able to assist you here. Maybe contact gram games support via Email instead.
    Happy Merging
    Crin

I'm afraid we won't be able to assist you here. Maybe contact gram games support via Email instead.
    There's no need for any help anymore though? Because I've figured out how to delete the name in the end.
    So since the problem's solved should I close the thread then?
    (And even if I was to email the support I doubt I'll ever hear from them :P so I'll just let it be)

Yeah but it still sounds inconvenient.

No, leave it open. Maybe someone else has more input.
    Happy Merging
    Crin

You're not the only one. I never tried renaming my dragons but the same thing happened when we had the Ancient Games. You could change your username in the beginning which was a number originally but the keyboard only started writing after the numbers. If you checked the leader board you could see that some people had proper usernames but most of us had something like 5647854"username" so I definitely wasn't the only one with the same problem.