Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challenge 16

I've been on challenge 16 for awhile, like a long while! I've read the walk thru but not even close to winning it. I don't mind challenge levels but do wish it didn't hold up progress of moving forward. Sighs..

I've been stuck on Challenge 16 for ages. I've followed the tips in this thread but I'm still nowhere near finishing it in time. I won't spend money on gems because I bought some before, didn't receive them and never got any help from the developers or my money back. I love this game but this challenge is virtually impossible.

Sometimes the sunken chest you create will contain a turquoise or green life orb. The first time I noticed when my time was almost gone. The next time I got through. I'm fairly certain it was a green life orb.

Before you use it, clear as much dead land as possible, ignoring top right statue and the pineapples, but combining other top two with the three on the right center island. So the bottom three statues are left to unlock. Drag the life orb from the sunken chest to the bottom right, along with any bonus bubbles and the turquoise life orb you created when freeing the totem. Get your dragons shooting the freed dead statues while you create more turquoise life orbs if you need them. Quickly merge the three statues from the bottom islands and then merge with the two larger statues you already created.

Good luck!

Now if only I could get through challenge 9....

Quote Originally Posted by Arienfire View Post
    I have spent $100 trying to pass this level
    Wut? I don't mind buying some premium land and such, but even that is a bit much for freemium games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley212 View Post
    Sometimes the sunken chest you create will contain a turquoise or green life orb. The first time I noticed when my time was almost gone. The next time I got through. I'm fairly certain it was a green life orb.

Before you use it, clear as much dead land as possible, ignoring top right statue and the pineapples, but combining other top two with the three on the right center island. So the bottom three statues are left to unlock. Drag the life orb from the sunken chest to the bottom right, along with any bonus bubbles and the turquoise life orb you created when freeing the totem. Get your dragons shooting the freed dead statues while you create more turquoise life orbs if you need them. Quickly merge the three statues from the bottom islands and then merge with the two larger statues you already created.

Good luck!

Now if only I could get through challenge 9....
    Yeah that was a hard one for me to if just went ahead and used gems to keep playing so i could get through it. Now i can't get through 16

Quote Originally Posted by Bonniestaton View Post
    Yeah that was a hard one for me to if just went ahead and used gems to keep playing so i could get through it. Now i can't get through 16
    I tried it a number of times over at least four days so got quicker. There's no time to figure it out as you go along, and I still think I would never have made it without the life orb in the sunken chest.

I'll probably end up buying extra time for challenge 9....

I've been stuck on this challenge forever and getting ready to uninstall after spending around 300 gems on trying to complete and still failing. However when I went in today, I see the time limit has increased to 8 min 26 sec. Is that an update across the board or is that something that happens when you fail a timed challenge often enough?

it does extend the time if you fail enough times.

It's an update on all challenge levels and you now have that set time for three levels. I finally managed to pass this level after taking a few attempts and leaving it in exasperation for weeks. But after reading the walk through a few times and watching several on YouTube, I took a run at it and won. The extra time makes a difference as it took me almost 7 minutes. I don't intend tackling this level twice more in the minute and half left, that's for sure! Not for roc dragons anyway.

Do give it another go with a little help from studying a walk through or two. If I managed it with my snail paced brain, it must be doable by anyone. And I don't think you'll need to spend any more gems on it. The problem with this level is that you have no margin for error when merging items and if you don't follow a set order, no amount of time will heal that super dead land.