Thread: Ruins of the Sky Palace

Default Ruins of the Sky Palace

I just created a Ruins of the Sky Palace in the hope of receiving a Tanzanite Mystery Nest. However, although I did receive 5 Tanzanite Eggs, all the other drops were locked Egg Chests. No nest. Now I have plenty more bubbled Tiny Cabins ready and waiting for another attempt, because my game lags so much that my dragons almost always auto harvest and tend to go for harvesting wood. But there are other mergechains that I'd also like to spend my time on. This was my third Ruins of the Sky Palace and I am getting bored with it. Getting mostly locked boxes is getting frustrating. I wonder if it's worth the time and trouble for another attempt. I would like to hear your opinions about, or experiences with creating Ruins, please!

Oh, I still have the first two Ruins, though I did sell off the third. Should I perhaps sell the other two before trying again? Could that make a difference to the drops? Or are the drops unaffected by the presence of multiples of the same Wonder? If unaffected, I'd like to keep them for now, as they might give me an egg at some point, I hope. Your advice would be welcome!

Their presence makes no difference.

If you're bored of making ruins, keep the existing ruins on the map (not bubbled) and do something else for a few days. Every 10 ingame hours, you can tap the ruins again once, maybe you'll get lucky.

I don't know how to bubble something that is already on the map, but would love to know how, please? It might come in handy for other items.

Do I understand your comment correctly when I assume it is still possible for the ruins to give out a nest? I did read about it on the wiki, stating that 10 hours spent in camp mean I can tap the Ruins for an item, but it was unclear to me whether that also includes the possibility of a nest, rather than only locked chests or eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frit View Post
    I don't know how to bubble something that is already on the map, but would love to know how, please? It might come in handy for other items.

Do I understand your comment correctly when I assume it is still possible for the ruins to give out a nest? I did read about it on the wiki, stating that 10 hours spent in camp mean I can tap the Ruins for an item, but it was unclear to me whether that also includes the possibility of a nest, rather than only locked chests or eggs.
    To bubble trap an item, make sure that there are no other possible places for the ruins to go (in your case, make sure there are no 2x2 squares on your map) then drag an item over the ruins (anything will do) and because it won't have any room to go, it'll be bubbled.
    Imagine a RAINBOW Royal Nova Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by chris1824 View Post
    To bubble trap an item, make sure that there are no other possible places for the ruins to go (in your case, make sure there are no 2x2 squares on your map) then drag an item over the ruins (anything will do) and because it won't have any room to go, it'll be bubbled.
    Thank you! That'll be a big help in sorting out my camp!

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceShipRat View Post
    Their presence makes no difference.

If you're bored of making ruins, keep the existing ruins on the map (not bubbled) and do something else for a few days. Every 10 ingame hours, you can tap the ruins again once, maybe you'll get lucky.
    *10 in camp hours

Quote Originally Posted by Voriki View Post
    *10 in camp hours
    Got that, thanks. Think it was mentioned in another thread or maybe I saw it on the wiki page. Love the wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Frit View Post
    Got that, thanks. Think it was mentioned in another thread or maybe I saw it on the wiki page. Love the wiki!
    Same here, a humongous thanks to those who add and edit information.

hi, are the ruins the only item that craps out eggs?

No. Most wonders do (if not all)
    Happy Merging
    Crin