Thread: iOS Cloud Save on Android Breaks Game

Unhappy iOS Cloud Save on Android Breaks Game

I've seen this mentioned in comments but not in its own thread. I play on Android primarily, and I wanted to see the new levels so I played on my iPhone. After cloud saving and going back to Android I can no longer complete a level or enter camp.

When I beat a level I get stuck on the prize screen. I click the arrow to continue and nothing happens. When I attempt to enter camp I am immediately returned to the map.

It seems likely that this is due to the version mismatch between iOS and Android at the moment.

It would make sense to either disallow mismatched versions from sharing cloud saves or to implement a fix, possibly when the Android version is updated.

Speaking of, is there a time frame for the Android update?

I was going to open a new thread, but I'll first try posting here to help inforce that there is a definite issue with iOS to Android cloud saving. I wish there would have been a warning of some sort. I've written an email to support but have not gotten a response from them. Can we at least get an acknowledgement that this is an issue and that someone is looking into how to resolve and/or compensate said issue.

Sadly, it's been quiet from the dev side these past few days so we kinda don't know what they are aware of and what not.

It probably does have to do with the fact that Android is currently at 1.6.4 and iOS at 1.8 but yeah I agree it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm going to sticky this thread for now so that others see it.
    Happy Merging
    Crin

I also have this issue, hopefully they fix it soon.

This problem has increased. I had hoped with the android update that I could once again play on my tablet. I therefore tried to play the game and the problem still exists. The game updated on my tablet but I still am unable to access my camp. However when I then attempted to play it on my iPhone as I had been playing the levels on my android, but using my iPhone to access my camp as I could. Now neither iPhone or Android tablet can access camp. I've lost out on the money I've spent as the cloud save I have is corrupted. It appears that if I want to be able to play the game I'll have to delete everything, the game on both android and iPhone and overwrite my cloud save with a fresh one. This is unacceptable. The time, effort, and money spent are lost. I've not heard back from support via email. I've not seen them respond to this thread regarding any actions they may or may not be taking. It seems as if the developers/administrators just want to sweep this under the rug. I think it is time to go to the ratings and comments and put out a warning to everyone interested in this game.

Hi Vorpal and others,

I'm sorry that these things are even an issue. There are multiple problems here. Problems with bringing your save across devices that have different versions is something we are actively fixing. The engineer who is working on that is almost done with it.
    Unfortunately, any problems that has caused are likely irreversible and would require a fresh install to fix. And I know that's incredibly frustrating to lose all that time commitment, money, effort, and enjoyment you'd put into and gotten out of the game.
    The other problem is the response time for support. There should absolutely be a faster response time when mailing support@gram.gs, but right now there is not, and we are working on addressing that as well.
    The money you have spent is something our support will try to reimburse with more gems given that you wait long enough for them to get back to you. If you're through, you can also request a refund from Google: https://support.google.com/googlepla..._topic=3364671 or Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084.
    As for the forums, these are not an official communication tool for us in that we expect support issues to go to our support email rather than here. We don't have these for our other games. We put the forum here so the community would have a place to gather, and I think that's working, I hope it's working. We check on the support section occasionally, but it is meant more for you to help each other. Given that the support email response is so slow, I fully understand reaching out to devs here, and that's why I'm here (I'm not part of the support team, I'm one of the few devs.)
    It's not anyone wants to sweep it under the rug, we know these things are wrong and we are a small team that is juggling many things. Like I said, we are trying to fix them, but I also understand if you want to call it quits.
    Things will get better, but it's a long road, not a short one.

Quote Originally Posted by vorpal View Post
    I was going to open a new thread, but I'll first try posting here to help inforce that there is a definite issue with iOS to Android cloud saving. I wish there would have been a warning of some sort. I've written an email to support but have not gotten a response from them. Can we at least get an acknowledgement that this is an issue and that someone is looking into how to resolve and/or compensate said issue.
    I know, i tried the contact button and it just sent me to FAQ....none of which help

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMJ View Post
    I know, i tried the contact button and it just sent me to FAQ....none of which help
    My contact button crashes me out.... as does trying to connect to the cloud. I have reinstalled several times to no avail. The only way I can currently play at all is through bluestacks =/